In this episode of Outside Insights, I chat with Pat Callihan, CEO of the national nonprofit Tech Impact. During our discussion, Pat shares how his organization is creating meaningful change through technology and workforce development programs.
I’m inspired by Pat’s commitment to leveraging technology for greater social impact through workforce development and nonprofit empowerment. Many of you know about Placer’s own Act of Kindness Promise, here we provide both career coaching and business consulting sessions free of charge. Pat’s leadership and vision are making a tangible difference, and motivates me to discover opportunities to do even more for our community.
Key topics we cover include:
– Tech Impact’s flagship IT Works program that has trained over 1,400 young adults for careers in technology. Many graduates see their income double or triple, creating a pathway out of poverty.
– The CX Works program that specifically trains people for jobs in the high-demand contact center industry. This was recently expanded through a pilot at a women’s correctional facility, providing skills for re-entry.
– How Tech Impact supports 700 Delaware residents to enter technology jobs through partnerships with the state Department of Labor. This is helping address the skill gap locally.
– Consulting projects that have helped hundreds of nonprofits adopt cloud computing, donor management systems, cybersecurity protocols and more. This increases their capacity to further their missions.
– Exciting growth of Tech Impact’s Data Innovation Lab that is informing data-driven decisions on pressing social issues like health care access, housing stability, addiction treatment and more.
Outside Insights listeners interested in learning more can check out Pat’s book recommendation “Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance” for perspective on enjoying the journey versus fixating on details.
I hope you enjoy this conversation and feel motivated to discover how you can make an even bigger impact in your community too.
Until next time, friends!
If you enjoyed this, I recommend listening to these past Outside Insights Podcast episodes:
Want to receive Outside Insights in your inbox?
Listen to the Outside Insights Podcast
Placers ‘Acts of Kindness’ Promise To Job Seekers and Businesses
Placers provides career coaches, job agents, resume writing, and interview preparation services for job seekers. We are the coach to the workforce.
We have vacant roles at the professional level as well as temporary work, temp-to-hire positions, direct-hire openings, and contract work. We have employment opportunities at all levels that solve employment challenges in the present.
Placers is also the consultant to businesses. Companies that would benefit from a revitalized 90-day business plan should contact us.
Placers has been an industry staffing leader for 51 years. Leading is about service. Leaders are positioned to serve. It’s one of our differentiators. It’s our promise to serve.
Take advantage of these complimentary offerings. Click here and complete the quick form.