Staffing specialists aren’t the only ones who should be asking questions in an interview or conversation with a temp candidate.
What type of questions should a temp ask a recruiter? Talking with a Staffing Specialist at a temporary employment agency can be a unique advantage to get the right information to prepare for impressing the client manager — either in an interview or on the job. We asked our Staffing Specialists what questions candidates should ask and have some suggestions for you.
Here are a few questions you should consider asking a recruiter at a temp agency:
- Why is this temp assignment available? To understand what the real need is and whether there is real possibility of extension/etc.
- Who would I report to? And as a follow up, how does that person measure success? Or, what does the client need me to do first? To make an immediate and strong impact with your manager.
- Is there a possibility that this assignment will extend? Will the company consider hiring from this temp role? If so, what types of things can I do to make this possibility more likely? To know your options and increase your likelihood of future opportunities.
- How large is the team/department I will be working with? To prepare for the work environment and know who you will be supporting.
- What type of training is available? To know what to expect.
- What software or applications will I be using? To make sure you are comfortable with & prepared for the technical aspects of the job.
- What do you believe is the most challenging part of this role? To ease any fears by preparing for “the worst.”
If there are no current temp opportunities that are a fit for you, here are some things to ask the Staffing Specialist:
- Should I call to check in or will you call me when a position is available?
- How often do you have openings that may be a fit for me?
- Are there certain industries that you specialize in?
Leave a Reply