Writing a resume can be difficult, especially if you have never done it before or if it is specific to a particular job or position to which you are applying. Though you can manage to write a resume on your own, in a day and age where we have more tools than ever before, why not look to the internet for a bit of help? These 8 online tools will help you create a better resume each and every time.
- Example sites- the first and possibly most helpful tool are sites that offer example resumes. This type of site is helpful for two reasons, for starters it helps you see what formats are out there, and it also helps you figure out your wording.
- Spellcheckers- most modern processors have spell check built right in but it never hurts to be extra sure that each and every aspect of your resume is perfect. A good spell check can help you to make sure your resume is accurate and professional.
- Review Services- there are also those sites out there that help to review resumes that have already been written. Many services exist that can help you to pinpoint the issues in your resume and can help you to hone your resume to the perfect final draft. These sites are full of professionals that can help you get the best resume in the least amount of time.
- Forms and Templates- there are also online sites that offer downloadable templates that can be used with common word processing programs like Microsoft Word. These templates are easy to use and are a great way to get your resume started.
- Forums- another great online tool is forums. Forums offer you a chance to ask other users how they would format their resume, any tips they might know about how to word your resume or format it to get the best results.
- Grammar Checkers- if your resume has any volume of written text that is not something simple like a list, you may want to check an online grammar checker. This can help you to place the proper punctuation, wording and can even help make sure your resume sound professional.
- Thesaurus- we all have a great deal of words stored in our brains but your current vocabulary might not be all that you need to land the perfect job. An online thesaurus can help make sure you find the perfect wording for your resume.
- Printing Services- if you are going to be mailing out or handing out printed resumes you may want to look into a printing service. They can provide professionally printed resumes on watermarked paper and can even personalize them for you.
These are all great ways to get your resume in tip top shape so that you can find the job of your dreams be it a permanent position of with a temporary staffing agency or employment agency.